I've decided that it's time to start concentrating on a few good recipes rather than experimenting with all kinds of recipes. As of today, I've narrowed it down to:
- Java Jumpstart - this one has received favourable comments from everyone who's sniffed it and, subsequently, tried it. My daughter keeps a bar in her shower and another in her kitchen; I've received an order for six bars of this one from a work customer who wants to give them to his kids as part of their Christmas presents.
- Lavender Goat's Milk soap - another one that has received numerous positive comments from some of my harshest critics. It's definitely a keeper.
- Coconut Milk soap - this is one of my personal favourites. It's a mild, fairly hard soap with creamy lather that's gentle on my... ahem... aging skin. I need to make more of this one already.
- Hemp Milk soap - a lovely light green soap. My first batch of this one is almost ready to use and, having tried some of the cut off bits, it looks like it's going to be a good one.
- Honey & Oatmeal soap - I only made this batch last week but, already, it's a beautiful hard bar and the crumbs that have fallen off are showing great lather already. I'm looking forward to trying this one.
- Rosewood Soap - again, this is the batch I made last week and I'm pretty sure it's going to be a keeper. I just need it to gel all the way through or not at all.
You know, I never thought I would enjoy soap making as much as I do. There's so much to learn that I don't think you can ever stop learning something new about soap; I don't think you can ever know ALL there is to know about making it.