Before I went to bed last night, I decided to dust the top of the soap with copper mica. As much as I love the look of the mica, I don't think I'll do that again. It really doesn't "go" with the look of the finished soap.
By this morning, the Blackstrap Ale Soap was ready to unmold. It's still a touch on the soft side but I went ahead and cut it anyway. Inside, it was even better than I imagined it would be but, I think that the next time I make this, I'll add more cocoa to the bottom half and colour it completely. I think, too, that the swirl should be more concentrated down the center of the loaf, more like beer being poured, if that makes any sense at all.
As for the scent, I'm still not sure. It's not strongly scented but I'm not sure what it is I don't care for. It might be the sage essential oil. I'll have to think on that a little more.
All in all, though, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Now, it just needs some cosmetic tweaking.
The recipe I used is as follows:
33% Coconut oil
33% Palm oil
34% Olive oil pomace
Lye concentration at 30% with somewhat reduced ale as my liquid.
Post a Comment