I have to say, I'm somewhat surprised this soap turned out as well as it did. As I wrote yesterday, I substituted beer for the water but, otherwise, followed the recipe as written. I made a small batch, with 8 ounces of oils.
Once it reached trace, which was pretty quickly, I poured it into individual silicone molds. The recipe made almost four bars.
Time will tell whether the DOS (Dreaded Orange Spots... a sign that the oils in the soap have gone bad) gremlins will show up but I'm thinking this might just be a very nice soap. I tried a little sliver that came off of the smallest bar when I unmolded it and I did get a good amount of bubbles... after only 24 hours!
I think I'll use the smallest of the bars as a sample bar and test it once a week to see how it develops. I'll let you know how it goes.
|A couple of nicks and dents but I'm pleased anyway|
Post a Comment