Yesterday's soap is out of the mold and was hard enough for me to cut right away. Seriously, it was so hard that when I tried to shave off the end, I ended up with crumbles rather than a slice. I will take that as a sign that it will be a nice, hard, long lasting bar of soap.
I'm pleased with the final soap. I did have one (minor) issue. See the yellow spots/streaks? They're supposed to be white. I even added Titanium Dioxide (a whitener) to that batter. I'm not sure why it turned yellow but I do know it's a cosmetic issue and not a flaw.
The Tobacco Leaves scent is really nice, not overpowering. From the vendor's description: "the Tobacco Leaves Fragrance Oil is a fresh aroma possessing notes of orange, vanilla, and amber".
The circular bits near the bottom are the embeds. The larger ones, with pink and black, are left over from the All Sorts soap, made with soap dough. The moon shaped bits are made with melt & pour soap coloured with copper and gold micas.
I'm pretty happy with this one, all in all. The idea for this one has been rattling around in my brain since I made the All Sorts soap. It finally came together.
Post a Comment